What do you want to be when you grow up?

Think about what you are good at. Think about what you really enjoy doing. Think about what you would like to achieve in your life.

Some people have a really clear idea about what they want to be when they grow up and they work really hard towards that aim as they grow up. Other people have no idea at all but really know what they love to do right now. I was recently told to think about the things that really inspired me. I think I responded by saying that music and drama is what really inspires me! Anyway. Respond to this post with what you would like to be when you grow up. If you don’t know, that’s OK – it really is. You could think about something you would like to achieve in your life. It could be to travel and see the world, climb a mountain, swim with dolphins, sing on a stage! It doesn’t matter.

Could you ask your parents if they can remember what they wanted to be when they grew up? Have they achieved a life’s ambition or do they still have a burning ambition to do something?

14 thoughts on “What do you want to be when you grow up?

1. When I grow up I want to be a world class footballer or an England cricket player. I also enjoy wood work. I would like to have something to do with sport mainly such as a coach.

2. When I grow up I would like to be a receptionist in a animal rescue shelter. I would take in calls and help to get the animals a home. In my spare time I would take pictures of outside and of animals. Also in my spare time I would bake some nice treats for friends and family.

3. When I grow up I either want to be a actress or a vet but I would have to work very hard to be a vet .
    When my mum was younger she wanted to be a physiotherapist.

4. when i grow up i would like to be a RAF engineer because I like planes and i also like building things. Another job I would be interested in is being a pilot because I really like flying my model plane and drone.

5. When I grow up I would like to be a car or Lego designer. I would like to be a car designer because I like drawing cars and I know a lot about them. To be a car designer I will have to work hard at school and study more about them.
    I would also like to design Lego because I have a lot of experience at home building transport vehicles or buildings. To do this I will have to keep building!

6. I really don’t know what to be when I am older but I really like building lego and also like looking after animals. So I guess I would see what kind of jobs i could find either building things like being an engineer or with animals like a vet.

7. I’m not sure what I want to be when I’m older but I would like to be with smaller children. So I would probably be best being either a child minder or a teacher in key stage 1.

8. I’m not really sure what I want to be when I’m older. I think I’m quite good at maths, baking and dancing so I would like to maybe do something including them.